There are 14 episodes in this series.
The Immráma are enthralling tales. I had been less familiar with this group of stories than with some others but a deep tral into the texts was fascinating. The tales are adventurous, extemely imaginative yet someines unsettlingly disturbing, Perhaps it is because these are learly medieval tales created by and about communities of monks. Now the monks show strong evidence of having valued and protected the older oral tales originating in pre-christian times. However, they still yearned for a glimpse of the Otherworld but, for them it was ‘out there’ rather than ;all around. The Immráma are particularly exciting as they reflect that fusion of belief systems.
Immráma 1: Immrám Brain Mac Febul
- Listen to the Podcast: Immrám Brain Mac Febul
- Find Chris’ telling of The Otherworld Apple Branch
- The Text of Immram Brain Part 1: The Woman’s Poem. Tranlation by Isolde
- Reflections On The Skelligs by Chris
Immráma 2: Immrám Snedgussa ocus Mac Ríagla
- Listen to the podcast: Immrám Snedgussa ocus Mac Ríagla
- Find Chris’ telling ‘The Island of the Salmon
Immráma 3: Immrám Uí Corra
- Listen to the podcast Immrám Uí Corra
- Find Chris’ story: The Birth of the Uí Corra ~ A Connacht Fairy Tale.
Immráma 4 / 5: Immrám Curaig Máel Dúin – The Voyage of Máel Dúin’s Boat
- Listen to the podcast: The Voyage of Máel Dúin’s Boat (part 1)
- Listen to the podcast: The Voyage of Mael Duin’s Boat (part 2)
- Find Chris’ telling, The Isle of Women
- Find Chris’ story: The Isle of Intoxicating Berries
Rowing Around Immrama 06: When is an Immrám not an Immrám ? The Voyage of St Brendan
- Listen to the podcast: The Voyage of St Brendan
- Find Chris’ story, The Monk Who Was Late
- On the Seas of Time ~ Immráma in a Broader Mythological Context. by Chris
And, a useful extra…..
The Tabulated Immráma
If you find it dificult to remember which boat of travellers landed on which island,,, I am not surprised. We have the solution. Take a look at our Tabulated Immráma