Circling the Tain: 07 – The Pig and The Hound
The briugu, Mac Dá Thó, is the proud owner of the marvelous hound, Ailbe. He also possesses a notorious pig. Now he finds himself faced with contending regional kings and their retinues of elite warriors, demanding the hound for themselves. Will serving up his gourmet pig at a grand feast save his bacon?
Join the Story Archaeologists as they share the boasting and bragging from the best of the warriors of Ulster, and Connaught, and beyond.
Read the text for yourself!
- Scéala Muicce Mac Dá Thó: N. Kershaw Chadwick, An Early Irish Reader, Cambridge University Press.
- The excellent introduction
- Series 3.04-Fled-Bricrenn 1 – The-Feasting-Hall
- Series 3.05: Fled Bricrenn 2 – The Road to Crúachán
- Series 3.06: Fled Bricrenn 3 – Your Head or Mine?
- Series 3.07: Fled Bricrenn 4 – A Head to Head Discussion