So many of the old Irish stories tell of an Otherworld that lies so close to our own. If you want to discover what the stories have to say about getting there, what you might find when you arrive, and when, or if, you might return, then join Chris in this audio-article exploration.
Apologies for the quality of recording in Isolde’s opening message. When we have fully implemented the new recording set-up, allowing effective recording while Isolde is lying down, it will be much improved.
Links to podcast episodes referenced in this audio-article.
- Cormac’ s Adventures in the Otherworld
- The Instructions of King Cormac
- The Adventures of Nera: The Cow and the Time Machine
- Another take on Echtrae Nerai: Corpse Carrying for Beginners
- The voyage of Brain Mac Febul
- The story of Mongán and his wife:
- The pursuit of the Gilla Decair
- Tocmarc Étaíne 1 – A Fly On The Wall,
- Tocmarc Étaíne 2 – The Reborn Identity
- Tocmarc Étaíne 3 – A Game of Fidchell
- The article on Underworlds
- If you want to find out about more about Leprechauns! A Crock of Old Cobblers
- And for source material on the Irish Otherworld: Space, Time and the Otherworld: by Professor John Carey. Source: Proceedings of the Harvard Celtic Colloquium, Vol. 7 (1987), pp. 1-2Published by: Department of Celtic Languages & Literatures, Harvard University
Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest posts!
Story Archaeology is run on a voluntary not-for-profit basis. If you can afford a donation towards our running costs, we would be very grateful. The “Donate” button is on the right-hand-side of each page, or e-mail us for other ways to support our work.
Check our Reading List for further reading and resources.
Music: “Tam Lin” by Gian Castello
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
1 thought on “The Otherworld and How to Get There!”
This was great! Audio articles are a great idea, and I really enjoyed this one. Thank you!