Meet Kate Lionis one of the seven adult winners of the ÉIRÍ art competition and project. So, join Chris and Kate as they discuss, the many creative possiblities of digitally enhanced photography, the enviromental relevance of Australian indigenous stories and share the colours, light, and scents of the Blue Mountains in New South Wales.
This is one of a series of shorter ‘Stories in the Landscape’ conversations to celebrate the 2023 ÉIRÍ Evoking Irelands Resilient Female Icons competition and continuing project. Each of the winners takes a very different approach to the rich treasure of Irish mythology, particularly the strong and active women characters to be found in the stories. Each of the winners has a different and exciting story to share. Look out for more conversations very soon.
- Find out more about ÉIRÍ
- View all the winning adult entries
- View the winning Schools’ entries.
- Take a look at a Blue Mountain Gallery (including the Three Sisters)
- Take a look at a gallery of Kate’s work.
Links for this Episode
- Listen to the podcast episode on the Morrigan on Story Archaeology
- Meet the Morrigan in the Battle of Moytura:
Amarc na Mór Rígna – The Morrigan’s View (Part 1)
Amarc na Mór Rígna – The Morrigan’s View (Part 2)