The Táin Bó Cúailnge is an dramatic epic well worth the telling but with some challenging themes including broken loyalties and friendships with destruction laid on the land, for the sake of status and honour. Join Chris as she explores the telling of the tales and encounters a fresh resonance for our times.
Links for this episode
- For podcast episodes and related articles on The boyhood deeds of Cú Chulainn, his training with Scathach, the birthpangs of Ulster, and more.
- For the podcst episode on Macha
- For related articles and textual translations concerning Macha (episode 2)
- For podcast episodes and related material on The stoy of Medb and her sisters; Fled Bricrenn or The further adventures of Nera (Series 3, episodes 3 to 9)
- For the original story of Nera and his Samhain adventure in the Otherworld
- For information on the Roscommon schools projects including the on-line Oenachs