When we listen to stories of the Túatha Dé Danann and their exploits, it can be hard to remember that they are set in real physical locations. Can a landscape story-archaeology survey of these sites give us a new perspective on the story?
Follow the Story Archaeologists on a virtual ramble through the West of Ireland, using a 9th century saga instead of a Sat Nav.
Some links relating to the episode
- Martin Byrne – The Sacred Island: www.carrowkeel.com
- Martin’s page on Moytura is here.
- Hogan’s Onomasticon Goedelicum: publish.ucc.ie/doi/locus
- Department of Archaeology, NUI Galway: www.nuigalway.ie/archaeology
- Story Archaeology article about Heapstown Cairn: storyarchaeology.com/2012/08/02/heapstown-cairn-the-well-of-octriallach
Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest posts!
Old episodes now available on archive.org.
Music: “Tam Lin” by Gian Castello.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
1 thought on “The Battle of Moytura 08: A Journey Through Moytura – Stories in the Landscape”