The Battle of Moytura 08: A Journey Through Moytura – Stories in the Landscape
When we listen to stories of the Túatha Dé Danann and their exploits, it can be hard to remember that they are set in real physical locations. Can a landscape story-archaeology survey of these sites give us a new perspective on the story?
Follow the Story Archaeologists on a virtual ramble through the West of Ireland, using a 9th century saga instead of a Sat Nav.
Some links relating to the episode
- Martin Byrne – The Sacred Island: www.carrowkeel.com
- Martin’s page on Moytura is here.
- Hogan’s Onomasticon Goedelicum: publish.ucc.ie/doi/locus
- Department of Archaeology, NUI Galway: www.nuigalway.ie/archaeology
- Story Archaeology article about Heapstown Cairn: storyarchaeology.com/2012/08/02/heapstown-cairn-the-well-of-octriallach
Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest posts!
Old episodes now available on archive.org.
Music: “Tam Lin” by Gian Castello.